Our History
Worship services for our congregation began in the homes of the Shiloh community, located two miles east of our present site. In 1887, these early worshipers formally organized as Shiloh Methodist Church, under the leadership of Reverend Mr. Allen.
Following the founding of Tioga, the congregation relocated to this area and, in 1893, constructed the original church building on this very site. Over the years, additional rooms and facilities have been added, expanding and strengthening the central structure.
This church has faithfully served the Tioga community for generations. Among its distinguished members was Olan R. Van Zandt, who served the State of Texas with dedication as both a Representative and Senator in the Texas Legislature for 16 years, from 1926 to 1942.

